Friday 6 July 2012

ESA

I had some positive news!! My ESA result was pretty late arriving, but then I had a very long form and there were 2 bank holidays! It ended up that Mr phoned them for the result, and the letter arrived a few hours later! It removed another morning of the horrific anxious suspense though, so it was worth it.

So yes, the good news is that I was awarded ESA in the move from IB/IS :) I can't believe I scored enough points, but it's wonderful. I'm hearing so many stories of people who aren't as successful :( However, just knowing I have to attend work-focused interviews has made my anxiety worse, so we are appealing that I should be moved to the support group under the exceptional circumstance rule: Regulation 35(2)(b) states that, under exceptional circumstances, someone can be found to have limited capability for work-related activity if they "suffer from some specific disease or bodily or mental disablement and, by reasons of such disease or disablement, there would be a substantial risk to the mental or physical health of any person if you were found not to have limited capability for work-related activity".

I find the difference in phrases between the two groups confusing though - the work-related activity group means you have "limited capability for work" (i.e. you are not well enough to have a job); and the support group means that you have "limited capability for work-related activity" (i.e. you are not well enough to attend work-focussed interviews). Talk about confusing!

Anyway, I have lots of posts in my head, so I will try and share them soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment