Tuesday 14 February 2012

DLA Tribunal (Take 1)

Well... Today was odd.

The taxi turned up and we made it to the court on time. We sat on the floor outside the room until someone got us chairs.

The tribunal clerk came out, and since I was trembling and had already been crying my husband did the talking. Apparently he can't talk on my behalf without being made an appealant. Now you tell us.

About 5-10 minutes later we're called in. The panel (judge, dr and care awareness person) introduce themselves.

"We've read over your claim and we've come to a decision."

Wait. What? They haven't even asked us anything yet... Are they awarding me DLA?

"We are going to ask your GP for your last 13 months medical records..."

OK, now? Or what?

"And someone is going to come to your house and give you a medical."

Ah, right, so what should have happened originally. (They didn't look impressed I'd been sent to tribunal without a medical!)

"It should all happen pretty promptly, then we'll see you back here."

Heh. So I've got to go thru a medical and all this over again. Joy.

/leave.

The good things are that we can now make Mr my appealant. It's not a straight out no. The medical might count for my ESA claim too?

The bad things of course, are that I've got to have a medical and potentially go through the tribunal still, and all that stress. Sorta hoping it'll be reconsidered without me having to go, but we'll have to see.

Oh, and there's nothing overly good in my GP records, so that's a bit worrying. But nothing I can do about that now.

Mr was amazing and spoke well and looked after me <3

No comments:

Post a Comment