Wednesday 14 December 2011

Some rambles.

Wow, I have 2 whole followers... Thanks! Sorry I haven't written in a while. It's been in my thoughts a lot, but my thoughts have been so numerous and disorganised that writing them down has felt impossible.

I did too much at the beginning of November, resulting in the last 4-6 weeks being spent resting more than normal. One of the big things to have hit us as a couple has been that I've been too ill to cook for us. Thankfully this tied in with Mr being awarded DLA, and so takeaways have been an affordable option on such days. Without that, I honestly don't know what we'd have done.

There's been a lot about ME in the media lately (from news articles about how many school children could have ME, to The Food Hospital on Channel 4 saying they're just tired people who need to eat right). To be honest, I have generally ignored it. That might sound odd, but I haven't been able to handle it emotionally lately. Just coping with keeping me and my husband going has been more than enough. From what I've heard, ME has continued to be portrayed inaccurately, and since that only fuels my anger it's best for me to keep away. On top of that, the benefits cheats being publicised so widely and the hate campaigns against disabled people have left me scared just to leave the house.

Me and Mr have been constantly told (by people like the local physio who was nice but useless, to a back masseuse who hammered me until I cried) that we should exercise. Noone who has ever experienced moderate (or worse!) ME would say that. When you have to think twice about how you are going to eat tonight, or if you can reach to have a drink, exercising is just a joke. One person even told us it wouldn't make us worse! Maybe not for a healthy person, but a body suffering from ME doesn't work like a healthy persons, and the slightest bit too much can cause huge setbacks, as shown by my recent crash.

The long term tablets Mr was put on for his ADD (methylphenidate hydrochloride) appear to generally be making his thinking clearer, and easing some of his brain fog. The short term tablets (Strattera) are knocking his ME, even on the lowest dose, so are being used with caution. His dihydrocodeine is still helping his pain, but with starting to sit up again his back pain is showing up more.

I get to see an NHS homeopath again next week, which will hopefully help me get back on track. Spent the last year fighting funding issues.

We both saw a back masseuse this week. She really helped Mr, and is gradually bringing his back to a healthier state. I struggle with the slightest touch on my back, and so the work she was doing to me has made me quite ill overall. I knew it was too much but she didn't listen to me when I asked her to stop, and I wasn't strong enough to stand up for myself. As bad as my back and neck problems are, I won't be trying that again til my ME is much better.

I've also had thrush for the last 5 and a half months. With having ME, I don't think my immune system is strong enough to fight it. Today I was informed my dr will no longer prescribe me the one cream which has been easing symptoms... But she will prescribe me tablets I can't even swallow... She is convinced they will work, even though the other 7 prescriptions I've had haven't! So we went out and bought the cream (there's a reason we have free prescriptions though!) and will have to go in and fight for it on Friday. I think Mr will be doing most of the talking like he did today. I get too angry and upset. My anxiety is rough.

Sorry if this is bitty and doesn't read well. I set up this blog to document how difficult this life is, and have since discovered that it's almost as difficult to truly write about and do justice to.

No comments:

Post a Comment