Saturday 17 September 2011

Hello :)

I never know how to start blogs like this, or how to begin an introduction. I'm not even sure what I want to say.

I've been part of a disabled couple for 4 and a half years now. I, Mrs, suffer from ME/CFS, and have done for 11 years. My husband, Mr, has suffered from ME/CFS for about 6/7 years, and was diagnosed with dyslexia and ADD at a young age.

I've never really known a relationship where one or both parties are healthy, but nonetheless, being part of a disabled couple requires adaptations. It requires patience and understanding, vast amounts of love, and strength to fight for understanding, and support to live. One thing I have noticed, is how rare disabled couples seem to be, and how little support is out there for them. I just hope that over time, this becomes somewhere where we can share the highs and lows, but also where you can come to find support and encouragement.

I would really love to hear from people in a similar situation, so please do leave a comment below. Also, if certain adaptations (colour, font, spacing etc) would make the blog easier for you to read, please do let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment